Sunday 15 August 2010

The reversed Date

I have been trawling through this site today which is really good for information although I don't necessarily agree with its conclusions:

Priory of Sion website

I have also been thinking a  lot about the 'reversed number' of1891

I am quoting from another site here. Why 1891? Because the epitaph of the marquise clearly indicates this date. Since her death occurred in 1781, the inscription should have read
XVII JANVIER MDCCLXXI =1781
but Antoine Bigou intentionally engraved XVII JANVIER MDCOLXXXI, replacing the second century with a 0, which does not exist in Roman numerals. Therefore we skip it te read MDCLXXXI :1681. If we use this 0, which reminds us of the zero meridian which passes through both St.Sulpice and Rennes-les-Bains, as épivot, to turn the date around, we get 1891 instead of 1681.

I just don't buy it myself. I mean the number has to be twisted and not reversed. ie it is reflected in both planes and I don't see how the Meridian could be used as a clue to tell you to reflect in both planes. Surely a Meridian would only suggest reflecting in one plane.

Also I checked on Google maps and Rennes is not exactly on the zero meridian line as many claim - it is actually 2 degrees and 15 seconds east.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your interest Chris. I agree with you about the reversed date. A bit dubious. I do however have some of my own theories and some clues are to be found in my book. I won't give too much away here. I believe there are 12 deposits of gold that are regularly replenished by a secret society who I refer to as Ordo Lupus - connected with the Knight's Templar, and before that, the Cathares. On that date the gold was moved. That is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Lazlo. I am really interested in your book. I suppose you cannot admit that you know more than you are saying about the Cathares and the treasure :)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete